Christian prayer is remarkably powerful–and remarkably understudied. These papers begin to tease out prayer’s impact on the mind and body, and the way that people learn through prayer practice how to identify the presence of what they call God.
- Lord, teach us to pray: prayer has cognitive consequences
- Prayer as inner sense cultivation
- The art of hearing God: absorption, dissociation and contemporary American spirituality
- Metakinesis: How God becomes intimate in contemporary U.S. Christianity
- How do you learn to know that it is God who speaks?
Here’s a useful link to the Daily Spiritual Experiences Scale: http://www.dsescale.org